Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theories
Entertainment Entertainment
Other Topics Other Topics
Galleries Photo Gallery Other Topics
Achives Archives Other Topics
Leaderboard Leaderboard
Help and Support Help & Support
Online Now
1 registered members (frankalexanderbe), 45 anonymous users, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Head Mod, Mod
Statistics
Categories53
Topics2,716
Posts18,870
Members579
Most Online2,215
Jan 21st, 2020
Newest Members
owl, Hihibuy223, cuddymac, jon, Noah.bee
579 Registered Users
Member Spotlight
Alienarchist
Alienarchist
italy
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(All Time)
Xeno 5,355
EdMan 1,694
Music 1,097
George 345
IronGhost 309
Stormy 295
Spock 279
Orion 238
Top Posters(30 Days)
EdMan 25
Orion 13
owl 11
chasm 4
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Passive Damage Control System #18912 26/11/20 1:56 PM
EdMan Offline OP
Vice Admiral
OP Offline
Vice Admiral
The house on our farming homestead is wonder of technology with exceptional advanced passive systems built into it. Early this morning the valve to our outside faucet failed and started flooding the basement. Our basement has a built in passive damage control system in the event of a pipe break and resulting flooding that mitigates the damage from such a event. The concrete floors in the basement slope to a central drain to channel water away from the outer areas of the basement guest suite to the central drain located by the home heating oil tank. When the valve failed at 2 am I had four inches of water pooled in the basement by the drain. By 6 am the water had drained away and the rest of the basement was dry. Except for a small rug and a few boxes we sustained no damage from the flood due to the passive damage control system built into our house. Our plumber is coming by tomorrow morning to fix the valve, a twenty minute repair job. I boosted the radiant floor heat in the basement to dry things out.

Tomorrow I will mop the floors with beach water and dispose of material in a few boxes that was damaged by water. In less than 48 hours the guest suite will be restored back to normal.

Since I purchased this home I have enhanced the passive systems built into it. When I restored and upgraded the basement guest suite I coated the concreate floors with a advanced coating. This was to make them more attractive and to seal them to reduce dust. It also sealed them from water and accelerated the drying process in the basement.

With its multiple built in passive systems this house is at the cutting edge of technology.

I have attached images of our guest suite following the flood. All that really needs to be done is a good mopping of the floor. The passive damage control system kept the water from reaching a level where it would have damaged the furnishings.

Attached Files 20201126_094225_HDR_resized (1).jpg20201126_140331_HDR_resized.jpg20201126_140300_HDR_resized.jpg
Reply Quote
Advertisement
Re: Passive Damage Control System [Re: EdMan] #18913 27/11/20 6:51 AM
EdMan Offline OP
Vice Admiral
OP Offline
Vice Admiral
Today I will restore the guest suite once the plumber repairs the valve that failed. It will only take me a couple hours to restore it. This house is built withstand major damage and be put back to normal with minimal effort. The bathroom and bedroom in the guest suite were completely unaffected by the flooding.

From its built in passive heat pump to its passive basement damage control system this house is model of sustainability in the modern era. Like a modern day warship it can sustain damage and keep on functioning. In the event of the loss of the heating system the built in passive heat pump keeps the house from freezing until the system can be repaired. With regards to the passive damage control system in the basement, it keeps the basement from sustaining major damage from flooding in the event of a pipe burst.

The walls of the house include a 4 inch layer of reinforced concrete making it resistant to bullets and fire. The built in house passive ventilation system keeps the house air fresh by way of thermal induced air flow.

Overall this house is a state of the art masterpiece of construction that is designed to withstand major adverse occurrences with minimal impact on the quality of life of its owner occupants. To a large degree we have built a self awareness into the house that makes it almost a living thing.

Reply Quote
Re: Passive Damage Control System [Re: EdMan] #18914 27/11/20 7:12 AM
EdMan Offline OP
Vice Admiral
OP Offline
Vice Admiral
To a large degree our house is like a living organism. It absorbs sunlight and stores and circulates the heat from it. It exchanges inside air for outside air by way of heat powered passive air exchange system. In effect it breaths. In the event of a burst pipe it discharges the water through a drain system to prevent a dangerous build up of fluid. With electricity fed into the house it is self aware and self links to the internet via voice activated internet interfaces and professional grade home computers. Should I add a solar power system to the house it would be a completely self sustaining self aware life form that converts sunlight into a source of power for it. The house also has a immune system as the dry inside air resulting from its passive air circulation prevents mold from developing within the house.

Attached Files 20200726_134353_HDR_resized.jpg
Last edited by EdMan; 27/11/20 8:07 AM.
Reply Quote
Re: Passive Damage Control System [Re: EdMan] #18915 27/11/20 9:25 AM
EdMan Offline OP
Vice Admiral
OP Offline
Vice Admiral
In terms of recovery from the flooding, conditions have returned to normal in the basement guest suite. The temperature in it is 74.6 Degrees F with 61% humidity. The humidity is normal and the passive air circulation system has ensured that dry air is flooding the basement. This means that mold growth will not be an issue. I monitor conditions in the house with a variety of sensor systems. My desk in my office/design study is like the Combat Command Center of a warship that receives tactical updates on the status of a warship and its systems.

Attached Files 20201127_101552_HDR_resized.jpg
Reply Quote
Re: Passive Damage Control System [Re: EdMan] #18916 27/11/20 11:01 AM
EdMan Offline OP
Vice Admiral
OP Offline
Vice Admiral
Our plumber repaired the valve and the guest suite was put back in order. From having four inches of water in it to being fully restored took 14 hours. This included celebrating the Thanksgiving Holiday with our neighbors.

Damage control mission complete, all home systems fully operational with damage fully repaired.

Attached Files 20201127_115039_HDR_resized.jpg
Reply Quote
Fast Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  Aki', CosmicVibes, Janwat, Xeno 

Chat
Members Only
January
S M T W T F S
1 2